Wellington Astronomical Society is an incorporated society and registered charity for promoting astronomy in and around the Wellington region.
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and WAS
In view of the current COVID-19 level 4 situation all of our events are currently cancelled.
- WAS Society monthly meetings are cancelled. We will resume the monthly meeting as soon as possible.
- All public events, such as the events we run on the Wellington waterfront and school events are suspended. We hope to be able to resume these prior to the Matariki season as this is the time of year when we run many events.
- The Beatrice Hill Tinsley public lecture tour is postponed. We hope to be able to run this later in the year depending on overseas travel restrictions and the availability of speakers.
- The RASNZ centennial conference scheduled for May has been postponed. The conference is be postponed until later in the year. Depending on Corona virus restrictions it will hopefully be secheduled in the 4th quarter. More information will be here and on the RASNZ website if there is changes. The NACAA, VSS and TTSO symposiums have also been cancelled.
- We will continue to produce the monthly news letter.
As things change will update this web page and our Facebook page with any news or updates. If you have any questions, suggestions, or for further information please email [email protected]
We hope you all stay safe and well. Hopefully normal activity will resume before too long.
Our Facebook page is at this link.