When: December 7th – 9th, 2018
Where: Foxton Beach Bible Camp, Foxton Beach, Horowhenua.
The Horowhenua Astronomical Society is hosting the sixth New Zealand Astrophotography Weekend. Held in the lower North Island it is an annual event dedicated to astrophotography in a wonderful dark-sky location. It is open to everyone interested in astrophotography – from beginners to advanced. Come along and share your knowledge, tips and experiences.
All sorts of astrophotography can be undertaken – solar-system / nightscapes / deep-sky.
The weekend shall consist of:
• Practical astrophotography. There are plenty of safe areas for people to set up their equipment and leave it in situ for the whole weekend.
• Image Processing: There is a huge room with long tables available which is perfect for people to set up computers. If you have one then please bring an external monitor to attach to your laptop as this is very useful for other people to observe what you are doing.
• Presentations: There shall be talks on astrophotography related topics held in the large hall (see below).
• Bring-and-buy: Feel free to bring along any equipment that you are no longer using and wish to sell.
• Fish and chips dinner: Saturday night. Please pay when you book.
• Late-night movies: Should the weather not be kind then movies can be shown on the big screen.
Everyone is encouraged to bring along their own telescopes / mounts / cameras etc, however basic they might be.
For more information and booking details go to http://www.horoastronomy.org.nz/upcoming-events/astrophotography-weekend